Jul 25, 2009

Labello En




My First Labello was years ago. It was the blue one, the classic (back then I didn't know it was considered the "classic", but it figures that that would be my favorite). I loved its smell, its blue color. And I bought it over and over again. I used to keep it in the pocket of my coat, or in my bag, always with me.
I assume that if I had the tinted version (see pic), it could have been considered my first makeup product.

Years passed, and I moved on to other balms. Only a couple of years ago Labello introduced their gloss line. That was added to my collection very quickly.




This year, according to their official website www.labello.com , Labello is celebrating its 100th birthday. Congrats!
It all started back at 1909, the name that was chosen was a combination of the words "labium" (lips) and "bellus" (beautiful), just like their goal. In the picture you can see their commercial add from that time.
About two years later, Labello invented the stick, the most popular version of this product. Definitely an innovation for those days.
Another ten years has passed, the packaging got improved to aluminum one, and the tinted lip balm was first introduced to the world (check the pic).
By the 1930ies, Labello spreads to over 30 countries over the world, and gaining popularity. And by the fifties, the packaging improves yet again. A new colorful plastic slider casting is replacing the old aluminum one.
And the rest… the rest is history…

An exciting feature - On the website you can also design your own packaging to the product!
P.S. in some countries Labello's lip care goes under the name of Nivea. And currently, it appears that they are not available at the stated.

.

2 comments:

  1. Check this small collection (not mine, and I already saw much bigger collections than this)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13715390@N08/2094075046/

    Thanks for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete